COFFEE FILTERS: Not just for making coffee anymore
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters
make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows and mirrors. Coffee filters are lint-free so they will
leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China. Separate your good dishes by putting two coffee filters
between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine
bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet by placing a coffee filter in the skillet to
absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with
a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a
coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, french-fries, chicken
fingers, etc on them it soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great "razor nick fixers."
Find coffee filters in large quantity at most Dollar stores.